Why do people seek Christian counseling?
People seek counseling for many reasons. Some seek for help in responding to unexpected changes in their lives, others seek for understanding and spiritual growth. People seek Christian counseling because they want practical answers based on sound biblical doctrine. Next Level Christian Counseling is dedicated to bringing inner healing, wholeness and growth to couples and individuals seeking direction from a spiritual perspective.
Do you only counsel Christians?
Service is available to anyone regardless of religious background, age, gender, faith, or present situation. If someone needs services outside the scope of this practice, an appropriate referral will be made.
What can I expect in a counseling session?
During sessions, you are encouraged to talk openly about the primary concerns in your life. Prayer and scripture reference will be invoked as needed. A session lasts 50 minutes, but you can request longer sessions if desired. Usually weekly sessions are best. If you are in crisis or extreme distress, you may need more than one session per week, at least until the crisis passes. During the time between sessions, it is important to process and pray about what was discussed. At times, you may be asked to take certain actions outside of the counseling session. Such actions may include reading pertinent scripture, or keeping track of certain actions. For counseling to "work" you must be an active participant, both inside and outside of the counseling sessions.
What benefits can I expect from working with a Christian counselor?
A number of benefits are available from working with a Christian counselor. You have the help of an understanding counselor who can provide fresh insights concerning difficult situations and can point you in the direction
of a solution. Christian counseling can be a tremendous asset to your personal and spiritual growth. The benefits you will obtain from counseling can be huge, but much will depend on how well you use the process and put
into practice what you learn.
What will Next Level Christian Counseling do for me?
Next Level Christian Counseling will help you...
- Attain a better understanding of yourself, your personal goals and values, and your relationship with God
- Attain a better understanding of God's will for your life
- Develop skills for improving your relationships
- Find resolution to the issues or concerns that led you to seek counseling
- Find new ways to cope with stress and anxiety
- Manage anger, depression, and other emotional pressures
- Improve communication - learn how to listen to others, and have others listen to you
- Get "unstuck" from unhealthy patterns of behavior by breaking harmful behaviors and developing healthy ones
- Discover new ways to solve problems
- Improve your self-esteem and boost your self-confidence
- Play an important role in helping someone else solve some of their life's problems